Hi there! Have you applied for a nursing degree? Have you been invited for an interview? My interview day at UEA was fantastic. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. If you’re wondering what my interview day looked like then have a look at my vlog below:
My tips are:
- Dress smart, but comfortable.
- Prepare yourself for the interview by reading The NMC Code 2015, The Nursing Times, Nursing job descriptions, The Independent Nurse, empowerment theory, therapeutic relationships etc.
- Be confident and be yourself.
- Think well before you answer.
- Shadow a nurse for a day or work as a carer if you can just to get a taste of nursing care and include your experience in your personal statement. Plus, mention it in the interview if you can.