Welcome (back) to my blogspot! If you’ve been following my blogs you probably know I have recently started being a vegetarian. I must say I have been doing quite well and I have not had any cravings for the last month. I feel strong and healthy as usual. 🙂 So here are some of my favourite vegetarian meals:
- Vegetarian curry and rice with tomato soup and tea. I love curry and I make mine with 1/2 onion, 1 sweet potato, 1 carrot, some buttersquash and tomato sauce. I use a variety of spices, such as, medium curry, salt, pepper, paprika, ginger, parsley, garlic and thyme. I usually add greated cheese on top.
- Roasted sweet potato with cheese
- Vegetarian alternative (Quorn) gammon steaks with salad. To be honest I was dissapointed with the gammon ‘steaks’, however I highly recommend the Quorn mince meat alternative
- Vegetarian soup – basically add 1/2 onion, your favourite vegetables, your favourite spices, 1 vegetable stock cube and have it with some toast 🙂 Cures all colds, I tell you!
- Vegetarian burger – I love using a large flat mushroom which I fry in a pan without any cooking oil – just on its own. Then I put it between a bun with some tomato pesto or hummus, some feta cheese and some kale, wild rocket or lettuce. Perfectly healthy!.
I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a long time. My dissertation has really taken over me and has consumed most of my social life. Additionally, recently I couldn’t find anything to vlog on or write about.
I have changed myself once again…this time I’m determined to stand my ground. I’ve decided to stop eating meat again. Becoming a vegetarian has always been something I wanted to do for the last 2.5 years but the only reason that failed me along the way was the social clash with my friends, family and husband. I didn’t want to upset them and cause them worries. However, this time I have firmly made my decision and can proudly say that I am vegetarian. I don’t want to share extensively the reasons why but mainly for the sake of the animals which suffer, the planet’s environment and even my own health.
So here are the 10 things you most likely don’t know about me:
- I’m left-handed but I use my right hand for everything apart from writing and drawing
- I’m a Christian but I respect others’ beliefs and disbeliefs
- I’m vegetarian but I still take some fish-oil capsules I bought months ago and didn’t want to throw away
- I’m happily married
- I’m Bulgarian and European but also a global citizen
- I’ve never broken a bone
- I’m extremely competitive even though I don’t admit it very often
- I love caring for others but I can be fussy and bossy at times
- I want to be a better person and keep developing myself
- I love salad, chocolate and pizza