Welcome (back) to my blogspot! If you’ve been following my blogs you probably know I have recently started being a vegetarian. I must say I have been doing quite well and I have not had any cravings for the last month. I feel strong and healthy as usual. 🙂 So here are some of my favourite vegetarian meals:
- Vegetarian curry and rice with tomato soup and tea. I love curry and I make mine with 1/2 onion, 1 sweet potato, 1 carrot, some buttersquash and tomato sauce. I use a variety of spices, such as, medium curry, salt, pepper, paprika, ginger, parsley, garlic and thyme. I usually add greated cheese on top.
- Roasted sweet potato with cheese
- Vegetarian alternative (Quorn) gammon steaks with salad. To be honest I was dissapointed with the gammon ‘steaks’, however I highly recommend the Quorn mince meat alternative
- Vegetarian soup – basically add 1/2 onion, your favourite vegetables, your favourite spices, 1 vegetable stock cube and have it with some toast 🙂 Cures all colds, I tell you!
- Vegetarian burger – I love using a large flat mushroom which I fry in a pan without any cooking oil – just on its own. Then I put it between a bun with some tomato pesto or hummus, some feta cheese and some kale, wild rocket or lettuce. Perfectly healthy!.