1) My dissertation results are finally out guys!! I’m so proud to say that I’ve got a First (74%). I’m so thankful to my personal adviser and the second marker for giving me such a high score even though I never believed I deserve it.
2) Placement allocations are finally out! I’m going to Critical Care for my sign off placement and I’m chuffed to bits about it! I cannot wait to start as this will be the perfect preparation for my future job on ITU. I’m looking forward to meeting my mentor and hope we get along well. My placement will be 12 weeks long, starting from the 15 May until 4 August 2017.
3) I had my SafeMedicate exam this Thursday and I feel pretty confident I’ve got 100% (which is the pass mark). So one less exam to worry about now.
4) I met nursing students from Niigata University of Health and Welfare in Japan. They presented a lovely presentation about Inter Professional Learning on Tuesday, while on Wednesday we went out for dinner in Norwich. We went to The Middletons which is mainly a grill and steakhouse restaurant, however, they had some delicious veggie burgers on the menu as well. It is great that UEA has such good relationships with international universities and it is no surprise that UEA has one of the highest numbers of Japanese exchange students in England. UEA also has its own Centre for Japanese Studies since 2011.
5) This Saturday I’m planning to join Norwich ParkRun for the second time. It’s a great way to stay fit and healthy for no cost at all. It’s great for socializing too. If you’re interested in joining, all you have to do is register on their website for FREE and print off your personal barcode which is used to keep a record of your times (how fast you’ve finished the 5 km loop track). Make sure you bring your barcode along with you and show it to one of the volunteers at the event.